This week…this month has flown by. Part of me is kinda excited to have another month of my pregnancy behind me, but the other part of me wants to hang on to every moment. I think the later feeling will be even stronger once I’m feeling baby kicks. Although, if my creativity can return…that’d be great. I still feel like it’s missing. Missing or not, I have a photo shoot this afternoon so it better make at least a partial return.
On another note, I posted a two things over the past couple of days that are worth your attention:
- Take a moment to VOTE for your FAVORITE LOVE LETTER to KITTY PAW. There are some amazing entries this year. You can vote for your top 2 favorites (and if I’m not mistaken, the form automatically resets every hour or so feel free to come back and vote as often as you’d like). Voting is open until 11:59 AM EST on Tuesday and winners will be announced on Wednesday.
- Just say NO…to Word Verification. If you missed my post on Friday, you’ll want to go back and read instructions for turning off word verification within your comment section. Considering that Scavenger Hunt Sunday is consistently reaching about 140 participants, it’s becoming more difficult (and more annoying) to comment when a word verification is present.
Anyways, if you’ve participated in the Scavenger Hunt in the past, I hope this week’s items inspired you. If you’re new to the Scavenger Hunt…WELCOME! Next week’s items are sponsored by Amanda of Breathing in the Wind.
- Anyone can participate.
- You’re encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
- If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
- Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) – you can use the button above.
- Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (we have so many new participants each week, this is the only way I know to be inclusive).
- Have fun!
Without further discussion…here are my interpretations this week:
I somehow managed to forget to take a “crossed” photo this week so I dipped into my unprocessed archives and found this shot taken back in November. There are plenty of crossed spots on this picnic bench.
2. A Glimpse
Earlier this week, I received an awesome baby gift from Tiffany at Bohemian Baby Couture. In case you can’t read it, it says “Future Photographer.” I can’t hardly wait until my baby is wearing this…until then, this baby doll provides a glimpse into my near future.
I don’t know that I’ve ever mentioned how I take notes during church…but I use a notebook that my friend Larissa sent me sometime last year. Larissa and I are pen pals (in addition to being bloggy buddies) and she occasionally sends me neat stuff she’s made. This notebook is by far one of my most-used gifts….so thanks Larissa!
I wasn’t sure how to photograph bliss, so I took a step back and asked myself what brings me bliss. The first thing that came to mind was sleep. As a child, I almost hated to go to sleep because I was scared of the dark. I couldn’t sleep without a night light.
Then I reached a point in my life where I just wanted to stay up all night. I remember our niece being this way last summer when she stayed with us. She asked if she could stay up late. Our response…”knock yourself out, but we’re going to bed.” I think she made it another 30 minutes.
These days, I can’t get enough sleep. You might blame it on being pregnant, but I’ve been that way for a few years. However, in order to get a peaceful night’s rest, I need my ear plugs and eye mask. Then it’s nothing but sweet blissful sleep.
I really should have captured “gray” last Sunday – the sky was so gray that day, but I was lazy and thought I’d have another chance. Well…it was BEAUTIFUL this past week (not that I saw much of it since I was in a conference for a couple of those days), so the only gray skies I was able to create were in Photoshop. I did use Kim Klassen’s Gray Day texture though.
So, what were your interpretations of the items this week? I can’t wait to check them out. Be sure to load your pictures on your blog (or your Flickr photostream) and link up at the bottom of this post. Feel free to grab a button to display on your blog along with your scavenger hunt items. The linky will be open until Tuesday night at midnight (EST). If you didn’t participate this week, but want to participate next week, here are your items (these can also be found at the bottom of my blog each week), sponsored by Amanda of Breathing in the Wind:
- Show Me Your Style
Again, thank you to Amanda for so many great scavenger hunt items. If you’d like to contribute items to the list, just send me an email with your suggestions (I can better keep track of them this way). Each week, I will select one reader’s prompt list, add those items to what is currently on tap and give the selected reader a shout out on my blog during Scavenger Hunt Sunday. Happy Shooting!