On another less depressing note, last week I launched my new website. I had a few glitches on Sunday, so it actually went live sometime on Monday. If you were previously following me via Google Friend Connect, you’re likely not going to get my feed. Therefore, you’ll need to resubscribe. For those of you that don’t know how to do this…scroll to the bottom of this page and look for a little orange button in the footer under “Connect With Me.” Click on that button. You’ll be redirected to a page where you can choose how you want to receive my feed (ex. Google Reader, Bloglines or Email). You can also follow me on Facebook or Twitter where I think my feed will auto publish – and if it doesn’t now, it will.
With that said, welcome back to the Scavenger Hunt. If you’ve participated in the Scavenger Hunt in the past, I hope this week’s items inspired you. If you’re new to the Scavenger Hunt…WELCOME! Next week’s items are sponsored by Olivia.
- Anyone can participate.
- You’re encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
- If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
- Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) – you can use the button above.
- Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (we have so many new participants each week, this is the only way I know to be inclusive).
- Have fun!
Without further discussion…here are my interpretations this week:
If you follow me on Instagram (AshleyRSisk), you may have seen a similar version of this image earlier in the week. Felicity has not yet embraced bath time. I, however, am loving post-bath time hair. Look how long it’s gotten! And since I rarely drag around my DSLR anymore, this was taken on my iphone.
2. Hanging by a ThreadI didn’t get very creative here, but I did break out my macro lens…and I took a picture of something other than my daughter, so that’s something different right? Maybe I’ll surprise you again next week with a non-Felicity shot.
I cheated a bit by going into my iphone archives for this prompt. I realized that I never shared some of those very first images from Felicity’s birthday (although these were technically taken on June 30th since she stayed in the Special Care nursery for a few hours). It must have been 2 or 3 in the morning when she was finally brought back to me. My parents stayed at the hospital with me and my husband until she returned so they could hold her. We were all instantly in love. I also noticed when looking through those first few pictures that we failed to get a picture of all three of us (me, my husband and Felicity) when she was born. I guess that’s what happens when you deliver in 2 hours and your baby requires special attention.
4. Always Look on the Bright SideFriday evening, we drove an hour and a half to the visitation for my Ma Ma. A lot of people came out to pay their respects…which meant a lot of people also oooh’d and ahhh’d over Felicity. At six weeks old, it was almost too much – it was too much. While it was important for us to be there, my little girl was very fussy on the way home. Clearly she was exhausted and hungry, but couldn’t go to sleep…and it’s very hard to nurse while in the car (something about safety I think). On the bright side (see how I was able to spin that), she slept through the night and slept most of Saturday.
5. HomeMy grandmother on my father’s side, “Ma Ma,” went home to be with her Lord on August 8, 2012 around 2:30 am. Unfortunately, she did not meet Felicity since she’s been too sick to visit us and we haven’t taken Felicity on any road trips yet (with her being a preemie and still only 6 weeks old, I am overly cautious). Last week, she broke her hip and shoulder (I think). She was taken into intensive care after a mix up in her medications that caused her body to go into distress. She then stabilized and I was sure that we’d be visiting her in a couple of weeks once Felicity hit her two month birthday. Unfortunately, that is not the case but I know that she is home now..reuniting with my grandfather (who died with I was very young). Felicity would have been the first of four great grandchildren she was expecting this year.
So, what were your interpretations of the items this week? Be sure to load your pictures on your blog (or your Flickr photostream) and link up at the bottom of this post. Feel free to grab a button to display on your blog along with your scavenger hunt items. The linky will be open until Tuesday night at midnight (EST). If you didn’t participate this week, but want to participate next week, here are your items (these can also be found at the bottom of my blog each week), sponsored by Olivia (and Olivia’s blog address isn’t working for some reason):
- Morning Light
- Coffee or Tea
Again, thank you to Olivia for so many great scavenger hunt items. If you’d like to contribute items to the list, just send me an email with your suggestions (I can better keep track of them this way – and I appreciate all of you that have submitted lists already…my SHS file is quite happy). Each week, I will select one reader’s prompt list, add those items to what is currently on tap and give the selected reader a shout out on my blog during Scavenger Hunt Sunday. Happy Shooting!