So, Felicity is taking a long nap right now (it’s Saturday afternoon) and I should be moving quickly to take advantage of what little time I have. Unfortunately, I’m not moving too fast these days. Time really does slow down doesn’t it? Or rather…Ashley slows down. Either way, welcome back to the Scavenger Hunt. Before we get into today’s hunt, I wanted to put in a plug for the Quarter Top Five which is coming soon. If you’ve been participating, you know the routine, but if you’re new, here are a few things you should know:
- Linky begins Wednesday, September 26th through Wednesday, October 3rd
- Go through your July, August and September 2012 photo archives.
- Choose your favorite FIVE photos and post them to your blog or Flickr account beginning September 26th
- PLEASE only use photos that include your CHILDREN and/or PETS
- Accompany each photo with a short explanation (or caption) of why it was selected
- Link up with Amber at Click.Pray.Love, & Sarah at NapTime MomTog, or me at Ramblings and Photos
With that said, let’s get to the hunt. Today I’ll be photographing a gender reveal party. I’m super excited to find out what this couple is having – the “mom to be” is my dental hygienist and I’m absolutely thrilled that she’s expecting. But anyways, if you’ve participated in the Scavenger Hunt in the past, I hope this week’s items inspired you. If you’re new to the Scavenger Hunt…WELCOME! Next week’s items are sponsored by Michelle of Michelle Renee Photography
▼ Grab my button code ▼
<img title="Scavenger Hunt Sunday with Ashley Sisk"
alt="" width="150" height="150" /></a>
The rules are simple:
- Anyone can participate.
- You’re encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
- If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
- Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) – you can use the button above.
- Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (with so many new participants each week, it’s the only way I know to be inclusive).
- Have fun!
Without further discussion…here are my interpretations this week:
In the process of trying to capture a certain shot (inspired by my photographer friend, Erin Tole), my husband caught this moment. Felicity still has beautiful deep blue eyes and I’m crossing my fingers that she’ll keep them (hopefully she will since they seem to be dominant on Jeremy’s side of the family). Anyways, she was asleep in the shots prior to this one. When she woke up, I leaned over to give her a kiss. Love it!
I’m not at all inspired by this shot, but the linoleum in our kitchen is definitely askew. See how it curves and pulls away from the wall. At some point, we’ll replace the floor. Until then, here’s what we’ve got.
One of our friends gave us a Ollie the Elephant Baby from the Scentsy collection. I try not to attend too many “home parties,” (I tend to host one a year…and attend maybe one or two others) so I’ve missed out on Scentsy’s product line. However, I am loving Ollie. The fragrance is super clean and sweet…and he’s pretty cute too.
I guess I could have photographed anything to represent simple, but I went with the simplicity of a pacifier on the table. We keep one of these within arm’s reach at all times. Granted, she’d much rather have me – but when I’m not available, the pacifier is necessary.
I think I’ve mentioned that prior to getting married, I only had artificial plants. My husband has sine changed that to include a few real plants. This one is our most recent addition. I’m kinda liking a little ivy in our home. Doesn’t hurt that it photographs pretty.
So, what were your interpretations of the items this week? Be sure to load your pictures on your blog (or your Flickr photostream) and link up at the bottom of this post. Feel free to grab a button to display on your blog along with your scavenger hunt items. The linky will be open until Tuesday night at midnight (EST). If you didn’t participate this week, but want to participate next week, here are your items (these can also be found at the bottom of my blog each week), sponsored by Michelle of Michelle Renee Photography
3) Ordinary Color
Again, thank you to Michelle
for so many great scavenger hunt items. If you’d like to contribute items to the list, just send me an email with your suggestions (I can better keep track of them this way – and I appreciate all of you that have submitted lists already…my SHS file is quite happy). Each week, I will select one reader’s prompt list, add those items to what is currently on tap and give the selected reader a shout out on my blog during Scavenger Hunt Sunday.